Walsh offers outstanding career opportunities for scientists and engineers, primarily with graduate-level degrees and three or more years of professional experience. Occasionally, positions are available for financial, administrative, and/or marketing specialists, and/or for technical specialists with bachelor's level credentials and lesser field experience.
Walsh is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, disability or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development.
Boulder: Walsh is seeking a Business Development Specialist:
Walsh Environmental, a subsidiary of Ecology and Environment, Inc., is an engineering and environmental consulting company providing environmental planning, permitting, and compliance support to Federal agencies as well as energy and mining companies throughout the western United States and internationally. We are seeking a dynamic Business Development Specialist; this position will report to our Boulder, CO office. Our successful candidate will support business development activities and have experience effectively managing client relationships.
• Develop and execute a strategy for identifying appropriate business opportunities with new and existing clients
• Build and maintain relationships with existing clients and prospect potential new clients throughout the inter-mountain West
• Support business development activities including specification writing, proposal coordination, and negotiations
• Coordinate the involvement of appropriate technical support for business development and client relationship activities
• Make formal presentations to existing and potential clients
• Represent the company at related meetings, conferences and exhibits
• Lead, develop and coordinate technical staff members to ensure successful achievement of business goals
• Serve as subject matter expert on current legislative activities and trends impacting the markets
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Engineering, Environmental Science, or a related discipline
• 10+ years of management experience in environmental consulting with a background in marketing and business development
• Demonstrated ability with business development, consultation, and effectively managing client relationships preferably in Colorado and/or adjacent states
• Experience in a variety of market sectors is desired, including commercial real estate development (particularly Brownfields redevelopment); Federal, state, and local government; upstream or midstream oil and gas; electric transmission; renewable energy generation; and other similar areas
• Established relationships with Colorado-based companies and/or government entities is highly desirable
• Knowledge and understanding of legislative activities, trends, and environmental issues and challenges impacting the market
• Excellent technical writing, communication and presentation skills
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively, persuasively, and tactfully interact with employees at all levels of the organization, in multiple disciplines and in various office locations
• Strong organizational, analytical, and strategic planning skills with attention to detail and a high quality of work in a pressure environment
• Must be flexible to a variety of schedules to meet business needs and able to adapt to change quickly
• Ability to travel 10 – 50% of the time
Walsh Environmental fosters a high level of professional collaboration and teamwork to provide excellent technical support to our clients. Resumes may be submitted through the career link at www.ene.com or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Walsh Environmental is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/V/D.
Boulder, CO: Walsh is seeking a Senior Industrial Hygienist:
Senior Industrial Hygienist needed to support existing programs and business development activities. Must have demonstrated expertise in specialized areas; IH, indoor air quality, ventilation, ergonomics, compliance auditing, emergency planning. Requires CIH and 10+ years experience in general industry and consulting. Preference will be given to individuals with graduate degree or CSP.
Please send your resume and salary requirements to HR, WALSH, email@example.com or fax to 303-443-0367. EOE.
Our subsidiary, Gustavson Associates, is also hiring.
Gustavson Associates is an international mining consulting firm founded in 1979 and located in Lakewood, Colorado. Our work is diverse and international; our team travels to both domestic and international mines and exploration projects. We provide services to our clients throughout all phases of mining consulting from exploration and closure to audits and feasibility studies. Gustavson is currently hiring two full-time senior level positions.
Senior-Level Mining Engineers
Gustavson Associates is looking for senior-level open pit and underground mining engineers with at least 15 years of experience.
Our ideal candidate:
• Advanced degree in mining engineering
• Strong mine design, planning, and scheduling skills
• Experience in conducting reserve estimation
• Strong cost estimation skills
• Strong technical writing and editing skills required
• Some consulting experience a plus
• Qualified Person under Canadian NI 43-101 given special consideration
Gustavson Associates is looking for senior-level mining and economic geologists with at least 15 years of experience.
Our ideal candidate:
• Strong background in exploration and exploration program management
• Experience in resource estimation, geochemistry/geophysics, and mapping
• Some mine operations and/or consulting experience a plus
Estimate reserves and resources for conventional and unconventional wells and prospects using various methods:
• Decline curve analysis
• Material balance
• Analysis of water cut
• Prepare probabilistic assessments of reserves/resources.
• Prepare economic analyses of foreign and domestic properties at well and project levels.
• Consolidate data and information.
• Understand clients’ objectives and plan work to achieve them.
• Coordinate with other engineers and geologic staff to integrate and apply new understanding to reservoir issues.
• Work in multi-disciplined team.
• Actively engage in self and peer reviews to ensure accuracy and reasonableness.
• Prepare concise understandable reports targeted at clients’ needs.
• A minimum of ten years’ experience specific to technical reservoir engineering.
• Exposure to both conventional and resource plays.
• Ability to work under budget and time constraints.
• Understanding of geological, geophysical, and economic concepts.
• Computer: Proficiency with economic modeling software (ARIES preferred), experience in reservoir simulation such as ECLIPSE is a plus. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Products.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze extensive amounts of data and information quickly coupled with the ability to make sound business recommendations based upon technical analysis.
• Communication and Teamwork: Ability to listen effectively, as well as speak and write clearly and succinctly in a variety of settings & styles. Ability to function profitably in a multi-discipline team environment.
• Leading Adaptive Change: Create and respond appropriately to changing conditions; apply continuous improvement techniques to help create new business opportunities and best practices.
• BS in Petroleum Engineering or other engineering discipline; advanced degree a plus.
Please send your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org